Today we will learn about surah number 55 in the Holy Quran, surah Ar Rahman, and what are surah rahman benefits.
What are Surah Rahman benefits?
The name of the surah comes from Allah’s name, the merciful. Surah Rahman talks about the many blessings that Allah gave to us, and it opens the eyes of the reciter to the truth that many people choose to deny. When it’s read with care and an honest heart it brings us closer to Allah and makes us thank him for everything we have in life.
Here’s a hadith that shows the significance of surah al-Rahman. It was also narrated that: “The Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) went to the companions and recited Surah Rahman but they were all quiet. He told them that he went to the Jinn and recited it to them and they were responsive. And when he would recite the verses ‘And which of the favors of the Lord will you deny’ the jinn would respond ‘There is nothing among your bounties that we can deny, all praises belong to Allah”.
Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said: “Everything has an adornment, and the adornment of the Quran is Surah Ar Rahman.”
This hadith shows the significance of surah Al-Rahman as it is considered the adornment of the holy Quran.
Tilawat surah rahman
Reciting surah Rahman brings us closer to Allah and opens our eyes to the truth and acknowledges the many blessings that we have in life. Therefore, reading it removes all the questions that keep going in your mind with no answer and it heals your soul. It is said that when reading surah Rahman in the morning Allah will send the angels to look after you the whole day. And when reading it at night, the angels will protect you until you wake up. Reciting it in the house stops the family from arguing all the time and keeps them safe, therefore some people choose to write it and hang it on the wall for protection.
For many reasons, you find yourself worried, with your mind filled with questions and situations that bother you and keep you awake all night, with anxiety taking over your life and depression crawling closer to you. and you start to wonder, isn’t there any solution for this? How can I get out of this state I’m in? and actually, the solution is to read Surah Al-Rahman every day, reading it will give you peace of mind and removes all your worries. It brings you closer to Allah and shows you the many wonders and blessings you have. So instead of thinking about the things that are bothering you will see how meaningless it is in Infront of all the other good things you have.
Surah rahman benefits
What are surah rahman benefits? If you’re looking for a job or aiming for a new position in your company then recite surah Rahman daily. Reciting it will help you find the job you’re looking for, or get accepted in a job or a career that you desire. Whatever you want in your life only Allah can make it happen, so always ask Allah for what you want, and know deep inside that it will come true.
Reciting surah Al-Rahman treats many diseases, it is even said that it heals the heart, and people with heart diseases should recite it daily to cure their hearts or listen to it.
Reciting Surah Rahman will acknowledge the many blessings you have in your life, and know how Allah is merciful.
There’s a verse that keeps repeating in the surah, and it says “So which of your Allah marvels will you deny”. When you read the verse, you will wonder about the many blessings Allah gave you and you took them for granted.
Even though it’s a small surah, it carries many meanings and virtues for us
How many blessings are mentioned in Surah Rahman?
Among the many blessings Allah gave us, there are ten blessings mentioned in surah Rahman, and here they are:
- the ability to speak: Being able to speak and express ourselves in itself is a blessing that people take for granted.
- The guidance of the holy Quran: Allah revealed the holy Quran to guide us throughout our lives.
- The movement of the sun and moon: the way that the sun and moon circle around the orbit is what ensures life on Earth.
- Food: having something to eat is surely a blessing that we can’t live without.
- Sea and ocean: sea enables us to travel from one place to another, and can go fishing.
- Iman: having belief and faith in Allah is a blessing that makes us understand that life is nothing but a test. In order to pass this test, we must fear Allah and do only good deeds.
- The day of judgment: having knowledge about the day of judgment, and knowing that we will face Allah is a blessing that encourages us to fear Allah and obey him.
- Heavens: Heaven is a blessing that believers will be rewarded with.
- Hell: knowing about heavens and hell strengthens our Iman and faith in Allah, hell will be the place where disbelievers live as a punishment for them.
- Obeying Prophet Muhammad: as Muslims, we know that our beloved prophet is the last prophet and that no one will come after him. One of Allah’s blessings to us is respecting, loving, and obeying the prophet.
Why was Surah Rahman revealed?
Surah Rahman was revealed to the prophet during the early stages of revelation during his residence at Mecca. It was revealed to show us how many blessings Allah gave us that no one can deny.
Surah Ar Rahman was revealed in Makkah, it’s the surah number 97 in the order of revelation and number 55 in the Holy Quran. it has only 78 verses and it falls in the Juz number 27. The meaning of Al Rahman in English is merciful.
What is the story of Surah Rahman?
Before we see the many benefits of reciting surah Rahman, we will first understand its meaning and what it talks about.
Al-Rahman is one of the 99 names of Allah, the surah starts with the word Rahman and then shows us the countless blessings that Allah gave us, and how heaven will be. Among the topics mentioned in Surah Rahman are the following:
- How Allah created humans and Jinn.
- The day of judgment.
- What awaits the people in heaven.
- What awaits the people in hell.
Surah Ar-Rahman shows us how many blessings we have in our lives, it talks about the rewards of the believers, what will happen to the disbelievers, and the day of judgment. In this surah, there’s a verse that is repeated 31 times, and it says: “Then which of the bounties of your Lord do you both (man and jinn) deny”.
This verse shows us that no one on earth whether humans or Jinn can deny the many blessings that we were given.
Why is Surah Rahman called the Bride of the Quran?
Surah Al-Rahman is called the Bride of the Quran because it talks about and discusses what believers will be rewarded with when they go to heaven.